The topic of Single Sign-On (SSO) has come up recently with…
‘Tis the season to encrypt sensitive data, fa la la la la, la la la la. The holiday season brings a wave of festivities, celebrations, and unfortunately, heightened cyber threats. Darktrace noted a 30% surge in the typical count of cybercrime attacks during the holiday season. Additionally, their research uncovered a 70% rise in attempted ransomware attacks. For small and medium-sized businesses the risks are significant, making cybersecurity vigilance a necessity. As cybercriminals intensify their efforts, it is imperative that companies keep security top-of-mind.
10 Winter Warnings – Chilling Surge in Attack Methods Include:
- Phishing Attacks
- Payment Frauds
- Malicious Links and Ads
- Stolen Credential
- Unauthorized Access
- Email Compromise
- Social Engineering Attacks
- Stolen Passwords
- Tech Support Scams
Winterizing Your Cyber Defenses
Zirous has more than 35 years of experience helping businesses protect their sensitive data. We have leveraged our extensive cybersecurity experience to create a list of recommendations for businesses in the community.
- Comprehensive Training: Conduct cybersecurity awareness to educate employees about prevalent cyber threats and instill secure online practices.
- Endpoint Security Measures: Equip all business devices, including employee-owned ones, with robust security software, firewalls, and up-to-date antivirus protection.
- Regular Updates: Ensure prompt installation of security patches and updates for software, applications, and operating systems to mitigate potential vulnerabilities.
- Data Protection Strategies: Encrypt sensitive data and maintain regular backups in secure cloud or offline storage to preemptively address potential data breaches.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Implement MFA across business accounts and critical systems to add an extra layer of security against unauthorized access.
- Incident Response Planning: Develop a comprehensive incident response with a managed service provider that can help you outline procedures for containment, communication, and recovery in the event of a cyber incident.
- Collaborate with Cybersecurity Experts: Partner with an experienced cybersecurity tech firm like Zirous to conduct thorough security assessments, identify vulnerabilities, and tailor robust defenses specific to your business requirements.
But it’s more than making a list and checking it twice! As the holiday season approaches, companies must prioritize cybersecurity to shield against potential cyber threats.
As a trusted managed service provider, we are offering complimentary Cybersecurity Risk Assessments to begin the conversations around increasing cyber awareness and creating a security-minded culture that protects our local business community during peak season. Learn More.
Silent night, cyber-safe night, all is calm, all is backed up right.
Happy Holidays from Zirous!