There's a lot of discussion these days around cloud security and…
The cloud is a great place for small and medium businesses (SMBs) to store their data. It offers scalability, flexibility, and affordability that is difficult to find elsewhere. However, with the cloud comes a new set of security concerns. How can SMBs make sure their data is secure in the cloud? What cloud security solutions do they need?
In this blog post, we will discuss how cloud security solutions can help decrease the cloud threat surface and reduce the costs of cloud data protection.
What Is End User Security?
End user security is the practice of protecting data and systems from unauthorized access or modification. It includes both physical and logical security measures.
Physical security measures are precautions like locks, alarms, and CCTV cameras. Logical security measures include passwords, firewalls, encryption, etc.
Benefits of Cloud Solutions for SMBs
Cloud security solutions offer several benefits for SMBs. They can help to:
- Decrease the cloud threat surface: By consolidating user identities and access controls, cloud identity solutions can help reduce the overall attack surface. This is because there are fewer potential points of entry for attackers to exploit.
- Reduce the costs of cloud data protection: Cloud security solutions help automate the process of cloud data protection. This can reduce the costs associated with protecting data in the cloud.
- Improve compliance: By providing a more centralized and automated way to manage user identities and access controls, cloud security solutions can help improve compliance with security regulations.
Cloud Security Solutions
So, what cloud security solutions are best for SMBs? There are many different cloud identity solutions on the market, but the two most popular options are cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems and cloud Single Sign-On (SSO) systems.
Cloud IAM systems provide a way to manage user identities and access controls in the cloud. They can help to automate the process of provisioning and deprovisioning user accounts. They can also help to enforce least privilege principles.
Cloud SSO systems allow users to authenticate multiple cloud applications with a single set of credentials. This can simplify the process of managing cloud application access for users. It can also help reduce the number of password resets required.
The Costs of Cloud Data Protection
Cloud data protection is an essential investment for your business, and there are a number of factors that contribute to the cost of cloud data protection, including:
- The complexity of the environment: The more complex the cloud environment, the higher the costs for data protection.
- The amount of data being protected: The more data that needs to be protected, the higher the spending for data protection.
- The level of security required: The higher the level of security required, the bigger the data protection budget.
Zirous Can Help!
Which cloud identity solution is right for your SMB? The answer depends on several factors unique to your company, including the size of your organization, the type of cloud applications you use, and your security requirements.
If you are unsure which cloud security solution is right for you, contact Zirous today! Our experts would be happy to help with your cloud-based solutions.