Iowa State Fair’s First Activated Mural by Zirous + Lashier Graphics and Signs (WEST DES…
MARCH 30, 2020 — As our initial two-week work-from-home policy comes to a close, we want to give you an update on Zirous’ continued response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Zirous team members will continue to work from home until our leadership team has determined it is safe to do otherwise.
Zirous leadership continues to follow updates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and local government and health officials. The health and safety of our team members, clients, partners, and their families is of utmost importance to us.
Our goals as a company are to:
- Keep our community safe and healthy
- Maintain the very best service to our clients
- Support our colleagues — internal and external — through isolation
- Support our local health professionals, small businesses, and essential personnel who keep us going despite seemingly insurmountable challenges
We want to thank you, our wonderful clients and partners, for your flexibility during this time and know that many of you have taken the same precautions. We greatly appreciate our community’s collective interest in everyone’s well-being and success.
As always, Zirous is here to support your organization. Reach out to your project manager or technical lead with questions, concerns, and ideas to ensure your continued success.
Mike McDermott, CEO
MARCH 16, 2020 — As we all navigate the uncertain and ever-changing terrain of COVID-19, we want you to know that Zirous is making all attempts to deliver the same high-quality service you have come to expect from us as a trusted partner in your business. The health and safety of our team members and clients is priority number one in achieving this goal.
Zirous leadership is in constant communication, and we continue to review the latest updates from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and local government and health officials. At this time, our plan includes:
- A two-week work-from-home policy. We are fortunate to work in the digital space, allowing us to take our work wherever we have a computer. We have equipped our team with the appropriate hardware and security measures to continue work as normal remotely. We will adjust this duration as necessary under guidance from the CDC, WHO and local health officials.
- A self-quarantine period. For anyone who may have an increased risk of exposure to COVID-19, we have asked that they continue to work remotely for an additional period to protect team members and clients.
- A deep cleanse of our office space. Last week, we ramped up cleaning measures in the Zirous office to attempt to eliminate the spread of bacteria and viruses via commonly touched surfaces. We will ensure that at the end of our remote working period, our team members will return to a safe and healthy working environment.
We will continue to monitor activity and modify our plan as needed as news and updates emerge. Additionally, we will continue to proactively monitor ways in which our clients may be impacted by COVID-19 and identify any ways in which we can help your business stay on course.
Zirous has many years of experience completing remote work for our clients, and all regular communication channels between Zirous team members and our clients and partners will remain available. We are confident in our ability to assist you in keeping your business running smoothly while achieving social distancing. However, we understand you may have questions. If you would like any additional information that is not addressed in these frequently asked questions, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to your project manager. They are ready and happy to assist you.
Will I notice a negative impact in the work completed?
No, our team members are as fully equipped at home as they are in the office, thanks to our support team.
One of your team members works full time at our location right now. How will this change that?
We hope that our team members can continue to practice social distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19. At the end of last week, your Zirous project manager should have been in touch with you to coordinate a plan for these team members. Please know you can remain in constant contact with your project manager to navigate these changes.
My team has in-person meetings scheduled with your team over these next two weeks. Should we continue to have these?
While again, we hope that our employees can continue to practice social distancing, we will leave small group meetings at your and their discretion. Please reach out to the project manager and/or Zirous tech team member leading the meeting to discuss whether it may be possible to hold your meeting virtually.
We greatly appreciate the relationships we have with our clients, the flexibility technology has allowed us, and the dedication of our team members to both maintain the level of work we strive for at Zirous and to keep each other and you, our valued clients and partners, safe and healthy. Please reach out to us with any questions you may have as we navigate this together.
Mike McDermott, CEO
Any updates to Zirous’ COVID-19 response will be posted here in coming days/weeks.