Blue Ribbon Rescue
Augmented Reality Sweepstakes
MANY WILL ENTER. FEW WILL WIN. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY THEIR DEFINED COMPLETION DATE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are binding and final on matters relating to this promotional sweepstakes (“Promotion” or “Sweepstakes”). This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Sponsor/Administrator: Zirous, Inc. an Iowa Corporation, 1503 42nd Street, Suite 210, West Des Moines, Iowa, 50266
- Date/Timing of Sweepstakes: Sweepstakes begins at 10:00am Central Time (“CT”) on August 12, 2022 and ends at 7:00pm CT on August 21, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
The Sweepstakes consists of ten (10) entry periods (each a “Sweepstakes Entry Period”), as set below. Each Sweepstakes Entry Period represents one day of the Iowa State Fair.
Grand Prize Sweepstakes:
|Entry Period||Date||Start Time||End Time||Approximate Draw Time|
|1||August 12, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT||11:59 p.m. CT|
|2||August 13, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT||11:59 p.m. CT|
|3||August 14, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT||11:59 p.m. CT|
|4||August 15, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT||11:59 p.m. CT|
|5||August 16, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT||11:59 p.m. CT|
|6||August 17, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT||11:59 p.m. CT|
|7||August 18, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT||11:59 p.m. CT|
|8||August 19, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT||11:59 p.m. CT|
|9||August 20, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT||11:59 p.m. CT|
|10||August 21, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT||11:59 p.m. CT|
Small Prize Sweepstakes:
|Entry Period||Date||Start Time||End Time|
|1||August 12, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT|
|2||August 13, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT|
|3||August 14, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT|
|4||August 15, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT|
|5||August 16, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT|
|6||August 17, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT|
|7||August 18, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT|
|8||August 19, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT|
|9||August 20, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT|
|10||August 21, 2022||10:00 a.m. CT||7:00 p.m. CT|
- Eligibility: The sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) and Puerto Rico, who are at least seven (7) years old at the time of entry. If you are a minor in your state of residence, you must have the permission and consent of your parent/legal guardian to participate in this Promotion. Employees, officers, and representatives of Zirous and the Iowa State Fair, as well as immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s (or entrant’s parent/legal guardian if entrant is under the age of majority) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any entry information provided will be used solely for the purposes of the Sweepstakes and in accordance with COPPA.
- How to enter: MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN. Every entrant must follow the steps described in these Official Rules in order to participate in this Sweepstakes. There are two (2) ways to enter:
Note: Collecting twenty (20) ribbons in the Blue Ribbon Rescue game does not mean you are automatically a prize winner. However, it can give you the opportunity to enter for a chance to win a Grand Prize or a Small Prize.
(ii) Alternative Method of Entry: To enter without collecting twenty (20) ribbons in the Blue Ribbon Rescue game, you must send an email to email@example.com with the following information: First Name, Last Initial, State of Residence, Iowa County of Residence (if applicable), and the email address you would like to be contacted at. If a participant is under the age of thirteen (13), such participant’s parent/legal guardian must enter the Sweepstakes on the minor participant’s behalf, and the parent/legal guardian has the right to opt the minor participant out of participation or to revoke their consent at any time. If you are under the age of thirteen (13) and your parent or legal guardian opts you out of participation or revokes their consent for your participation, you will no longer be able to enter or participate in any element of the Sweepstakes.
Regardless of the method used to enter the Sweepstakes, all entries will be equally considered, and there is a limit of one (1) entry per entrant for each Sweepstakes Entry Period.
- Limitations to entry: During each Sweepstakes Entry Period, you are eligible to enter for a chance to win the daily grand prize one (1) time. During each Sweepstakes Entry Period, you are eligible for a chance to win a smaller prize one (1) time.
- Odds of winning: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the Sweepstakes potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received within the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Grand Prizes: The Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received within the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period. Following the conclusion of each Sweepstakes Entry Period, potential prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period, on or about the dates listed above in Section One (1). Non-winning Sweepstakes entries for the Grand Prizes will not carry forward into any subsequent Sweepstakes Entry Period drawings.
Small Prizes: The Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received within the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period. There will be one hundred forty (140) total random, computer-generated selection of winners, one for each prize listed below, generated during the entire Sweepstakes Period. There will be small prize quantities allocated for each Small Prize Sweepstakes Entry Period; see Section Six (6) for complete details.
Sweepstakes Grand Prizes: There are a total of ten (10) grand prizes (only one (1) grand prize awarded per Sweepstakes Entry Period): Each winner will receive one (1) Oculus Quest 2 128GB. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $399.00.
Small Prizes: There are a total of one hundred forty (140) small prizes that will be awarded throughout the Sweepstakes Period, with up to fourteen (14) small prize winners during each Entry Period.
|Prize Description||Actual Retail Value||Total Quantity|
|Advanced Thrill Park Wristband*||$25.00||20|
|Advanced Unlimited Ride Wristband**||$36.00||20|
|Cup of Cookies||$5.00||20|
*Advanced Thrill Park Wristband- can be used any day the 2022 Iowa State Fair is in operations for rides or games in the Thrill Town and Thrill Ville thrill parks
**Advanced Unlimited Ride Wristband- good for one (1) day of unlimited rides. Only valid Monday through Thursday until 10:00 p.m. in the Thrill Town and Thrill Ville thrill parks
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right at Sponsor’s sole discretion to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is $6,030.
- Selection of winners: Each potential sweepstakes small prize winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if applicable winner is under the age of thirteen (13)) and each potential sweepstakes grand prize winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) are subject to verification by sponsor or administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the sweepstakes should so indicate, unless and until the entrant or parent or legal guardian’s eligibility (as applicable), and the potential small or grand prize winner or parent or legal guardian (as applicable) has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screenshots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any play that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective play, is void, and will not be honored.
- Restrictions on receiving prizes: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential winners will be notified via the email address entered on the form submitted for sweepstakes entry. If a potential winner is under thirteen (13) years of age, the parent/legal guardian of that potential winner will be sent an email (at the email address the parent/legal guardian entered on the form submitted for sweepstakes entry) and must accept the prize on the minor’s behalf. Each potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if the potential winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may be required to complete and return a confirmation of eligibility, liability, and use of likeness release, and except where prohibited by law, a publicity release form (“Prize Fulfillment Form”) within three (3) days of the date the notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize.
Each potential Small Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if the potential winner is a minor in his/her state of residence), as defined in Section Six (6) above, must follow the links and instructions within the win notification in the Blue Ribbon Rescue application in order to claim the prize. Small Prize winners will receive a notification within the Sweepstakes Entry Period of his/her win, and prize fulfillment will be the responsibility of the winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if winner is under thirteen (13) years of age). In order to receive their prize, Small Prize winners (or parent/legal guardian if winner is under thirteen (13) years of age) must follow the instructions in the application and visit the WOI booth at the Iowa State Fair with proof of winning. Small Prizes will be fulfilled by a booth employee at the completion of these steps.
If a potential winner (or parent/legal guardian if the potential winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to timely complete, sign and return the Prize Fulfillment Form, or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded, the intended prize may be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received. No more than the stated number of prize(s) will be awarded. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified or ineligible for any reason, or a prize is forfeited or unclaimed, such prize(s) will remain un-awarded and a replacement may or may not be randomly selected by Sponsor/Administrator from among the remaining eligible Entries, at Sponsor/Administrator’s sole discretion. Physical Prizes and prize coupons (e.g. Thrill Park Wristbands, food coupons) must be redeemed by the time of closure of the WOI booth on the last day of the Iowa State Fair (August 21, 2022, 8:00 p.m. CT). Any prizes or prize coupons that are not redeemed prior to the conclusion of the Iowa State Fair will become invalid and will no longer be of any value.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating, Entrants and prize winners (or his/her parent or legal guardian if participant/winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, partners, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by any Entrant, prize winner, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from receipt, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any promotion related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Without limiting the foregoing, the Sweepstakes is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and noninfringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties.
Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential winner notification that is not received by any potential winner for any reason. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or non-delivered entries, or technical errors or difficulties, or printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of any prize or in any prize notification documents, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration, entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such or similar information.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, and exclusive of participants under the age of majority in his/her state of residence, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent and grant of permission to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, statements, opinions, biographical information and/or hometown and state any time or times, in perpetuity, for advertising, trade, publicity, and promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or compensation (except where legally prohibited), in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval..
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or any event or cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the Promotion, including but not limited to fulfillment of the prize(s), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries or plays received up to the date of discontinuance and may modify the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of Entrants. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any Entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Iowa including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or jurisdiction’s laws.
- Force Majeure: Subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is impaired or that fraud has destroyed or severely undermined the proper entry, integrity, and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic or health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, pandemic, epidemic, or other public health crisis (e.g. SARS, COVID-19), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated, in whole or in part, before the designated end date, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select winners (or the remaining winners, as the case may be) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded.